Thank You

The most important part of 2013 was my decision to dedicate myself to this blog. I've written here through the darkest times, and the most beautiful, but what remains constant is my desire--no, my need--to make a connection with the world. I don't know who reads this blog. I don't know who will stumble on it in the future. I don't know what my words will ever mean to someone else, but I can only hope that I make some small impact. That's all I ask for. If I can do that, then my life has a purpose and a meaning.

So I want to thank everyone who reads my words, who gives me support and kindness. I believe creating this blog is one of the most therapeutic and life-saving things I have ever done. It's shown me that I am not alone. It's taught me that all of us are grappling with loss in our own personal and unique ways. It's given me an outlet for emotions that would destroy me if not channeled into writing. It's introduced me to wonderful people. Ultimately,  it's given me back my father; being able to write about him on a regular basis makes him more present in my life. 

I don't know what 2014 will bring, but I do know that I will continue to write about loss and grief and, no matter the ups and downs, I will keep surviving.

I wish all of you a very happy New Year.